Check in cafe

Welcome Forums General Welcome Check in cafe

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Morning.

Quick check in before work. Beautiful day. Hope the road is clear again. Been one good thing of this lockdown, the lack of traffic but it has been building back up.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Kevins.
    Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Good morning.

Tomorrow was international pink shirt day, to recognise bullying has no place in our society. It has been postponed which is a little unfortunate as I don’t recall it of any matter where you choose to spend your day. But there you go. Check out their fundraising for anti-bullying if you have a moment.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Kevins.
    Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Do you often wonder about the changing climate. Whether enough will be done, in sufficient time, to ensure the continuance of life. Not just for humans, but for the rest of flora and fauna too. There are a couple of points I would like to ingrain in the minds of the western world.

For one, contrary to the largest voices out there, I do not believe climate change a ‘next gen’ problem. Our children should not be left to deal with the problems facing a changing world climate. I do not buy the ‘next gen’ eco-bullying standards we seem to readily adopt.

And why is that, exactly? Because by the time the ‘next gen’ are in their twenties, it then becomes a ‘new next gen’ issue because they are then classed as within the adult population and the assumed Mantle of Climate Voice passes on. And we start again. Further, there are people at all ages living from 0 onwards. We think in decades, or stages of human (e.g. preteen, adolescent/teenage, adult, middle aged, elderly) but we could be thinking as a block covering all ages and locations. And if you think about global climate change in this perspective, we are truly all in this together.

And it is all together, that great change can occur.

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Kia ora tīma,

Did you know, New Zealand dairy industry have a ‘Moving Day.’ “Moving day” for dairy farming is set to go ahead on 01/06/2020.

Immigration NZ is prioritizing dairy farmers who need to shift jobs, changes of employer, location or occupation at this time to help the dairy industry during Alert Level 2.
    Gypsy Day

News snippet brought to you by the friendly team at http://www.spirit.org.nz

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

5.8 / 5.9 Quake rattles lower North Island followed by aftershocks.

Earthquake

Metlink has warned of significant delays for Wellington commuters as tracks are checked for damage. According to the GeoNet website, tens of thousands of people felt the shaking from Northland to Dunedin.

It was followed shortly after by a 3.5-magnitude quake, then one of 3.6, then 3.7.

The National Emergency Management Agency said there was no risk of tsunami resulting from the quake.

Fire & Emergency, Wellington City Council, and Wellington Regional Emergency Coordination Centre had no immediate reports of damage.

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

It seems ‘moving’ day has come early!

Woohoo here I am.

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Welcome back, CavySpirit. We are focused on adding features to this forum and to developing the community BuddyPress feature which add’s blog and personal services to the website. Glad to have you here for the ride 🙂

P.s. BBCODES now work as they did on the prior forum. I hope to add a list somewhere!

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Seven years since last we met as a group, I have been pushing for care packs, services, help with store items (links to products, your products) looking to where we can add support to your goals, ambitions, purposes in life.

All to help the world out there with their needs. Always hoping for this cause to be your cause. Or your causes to be our purpose for being here. But, that is not the case. We set up the spirit.org.nz site and went about helping each other, until the last Meet & Greet where it went, weird.

And what reward was expected? Nothing.

But I did not expect,

– To be made an outcast.

– To be interned in a world of silence.

Strange, isn’t it.

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

I have to now do what all of you have become. A force of one and make hard decisions. Or more people will miss out on help. Which we could have done together, peacefully with respect to a world of need.

Think I’m kidding?

No, I’m quietly in revolt at all of you ‘could have done’ lot who’ve cast the good work we ‘could have done’ aside. Or taken advantage of options gifted to you by our good natures and ignored everything. Like how the retreat home programme, garden programme, care pack system, care centre, healing services, clairvoyant services, were all meant to run for the benefit of the lot of you.

We’ve gone through a pandemic and you shut up your world. You shut up our world.

Ignorance?

No. More.

WE ARE NOT THE PAST. WE ARE THE NOW!

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Black Lives Matter

We all can understand the sentiment of the many thousands who turned out to protest for Black Lives Matter. It’s hard mind, not to say something and get slammed. Rage doesn’t always understand sentiment. So I apologise up front if my writing here does not come across in the compassionate tone intended.

I agree completely with the peaceful solidarity, protest can bring. If we can do so compassionately, it’s of huge value and can effect change and bring parties together to work through changes that bring about resolution.

I don’t agree with damaging property, looting or violence on the other hand. It’s dark, self-destructive and leads to anarchy instead of solution. These activities wipe away unbiased opportunity for rectification of issues. What are the authorities to do in the end if it continues? Go, not our problem?

There seems to be a sub-group who are spear-heading destructive opportunity and a community following already enraged and looking for outlets to throw their anger at. This catalyst sub-group needs to be removed for there to begin a healing and rectification process. It needs to be gone from the equation so the real hurt can be addressed.

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Thousands gathered at Auckland’s Aotea Square yesterday, joining large numbers of Americans in protesting the killing of Minneapolis man George Floyd who died after police officer Derek Chauvin pinned him to the ground by his neck for over eight minutes.

In New Zealand, gatherings are limited to 100 and people should keep distance between strangers – those rules were not followed in yesterday’s rally.

“I don’t want to stop peaceful protest any more than I want to stop large funerals and tangihanga and weddings being able to come back, but none of the rules we have are there without a reason, they’re there to protect people’s health,” Ms Ardern told TVNZ1’s Breakfast this morning.

“Obviously that wasn’t followed here and I have to continue to say publicly the rules are there for a reason, we want people to follow them for a reason and this was a clear breach of them.”

Ms Ardern said when the rules were put out, there was an expectation that people would not gather.

“No one wants a second wave that’s why the restrictions are in place and they’re still there for now so that we can get that extra certainty that we’re in a position to lift restrictions.

“I utterly understand the sentiment, but we are in a global pandemic and I would hate for there to be an outbreak caused by someone who felt really moved to go and share their view and their opinion to then become ill. That’s exactly what we’re trying to prevent.”

Yesterday microbiologist Dr Siouxsie Wiles said she was “absolutely gutted” that people flouted the restrictions, writing on Twitter that anyone who didn’t practice social distancing should self-isolate for 14 days.

When asked if she too was concerned, Ms Ardern said she was.

“If we had one person, one person in that crowd [who had Covid-19], you know, just think what could happen there because we’ve seen it before.

“The subject matter is another subject again, and I understand the strength of feeling and I understand the sentiment and I understand that sense of urgency that everyone felt, but my job is to look after the country’s health as well and so that’s what I am going to keep doing.”

Prime Minister, Jacinda Adern

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Wouldn’t it be nice to have an association that shares our interests around and creates a real community. After-all, the various facebook and other social places seem so swamped with this cause and that. Our voices seem small and unobserved. We are not reaching the intended audience, if that was ever thought possible.

The thing I see with our diverse, separate, momentary, timely or life-long purposes is that we could do well to have a living association with other’s and their diverse, separate, momentary, timely or life-long purposes.

Just putting this thought out there right now.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Kevins.
    Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Up
    Down
    Kevins
    Keymaster

Good morning.

Today we should be providing information on Level 1 pandemic alert and getting a time-frame to move there. That’s nice. Isn’t it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.