Gathering place

Notifications
Clear all

Gathering place  

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Admin's news & welcome.

Welcome to an newly updated, modernised forum environment. Please call in, register, say hello and be part of a place which is here to support your journey.

Our prior forums are backed up and preserved. To join in the new community forum, simply re-register (or sign in)... and say hello.

Your community supporting, volunteer interests are welcome here. Members (including on Facebook and other media) are involved in many, diverse activities. You are welcome to bring them here and enjoy this well loved place. As needed, we will create interest categories and shift discussions so they stand out for you and your friends. 

Update: 9 November 2020

If you could not register before, please try again. There was an issue with the prior verification process (sent via email) which now is working (tested with gmail.com) If you still can not register, please consider using an existing or new gmail.com account (especially if helping with advocacy etc.) 

Thank you.

Kevin.

Topic Tags
18 Replies
Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Hi, thanks for coming along. I look forward to seeing you here. Received a couple of questions about the forum and provide some answers here to save duplicating:-

Why were the prior forum's removed? For the forum to remain useful, it needs to be used. As there was little to no member involvement with the prior forum (especially with sheer volume now trapped by the Facebook system) it was archived. If people need to move on, we need to move on to other, relevant activities.

Where they deleted? No. They were archived, still in prior database format, and/or on prior servers which are in storage. If anything needs to be brought back, we can look at that.

We love questions. Do ask. At least here you get honest answers. Whether or not comfortable. More will be answered as we go.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

If you don't mind, I'm going to talk on a bit until other's join this topic.

When your interests develop on the forum or website, we'll be pleased to set up different areas for you to work on. So as not to divert from the ability to write your own chapter, we don't want to suggest just what those areas would be. But for instance, if you are interested in say, psychometry, or alternative medicine, or earth science. We all have diverse interests and that's just what we should be about.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Our basic and genuine tenet has always been around living your life as you see fit so long as, in doing so, you do not create victims, including yourself. So, if what you do makes you happy, content, whole, enriched etc and it does not create victims in the process, that's just grand. We'd love to share that here and bring together a community. Be that pets, gardening, hobbies, lifestyles, work, family, or whatever... it's all welcome in its own proportion.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Report a website, onsite page, real life event, group, activity of concern. Please use our handy and as anoymous as you like Web Angel reporting tool... by clicking here

Please remember, it is best, if you are working online, to use a VPN (such as ProtonVPN Free at least) and a secure browser (such as TOR browser.) In that way, you mask, hide and protect your online activities.

Blessings to all.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Today, the End of Life Choice Bill special referendum results were in and was won by at least 62% in favour. It means, the act where you can make a terminal life choice will be in force in around 12 months. We were asked to vote yes, no. And a majority voted in favour. Were we publicly advised that there was a timeline for it's introduction in the almost current, swiss cheese style form? No. Not seriously. But the voting system did do something we should take note of... it meant the people of New Zealand who were entitled to vote (adult, NZ citizens and permanent residents) made the decision and this very sensitive topic is now decided. Irregardless of whether you or I voted yes, or no, the ayes have it.

Next, the cannabis vote. Whether you voted yes, or no, the outcome is looming.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

If you could not register before, please try again. There was an issue with the prior verification process (sent via email) which now is working (tested with gmail.com) If you still can not register, please consider using an existing (or if helping with advocacy etc) a new gmail.com account.

Thank you.

Kevin.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Ahhhhh now I have it sorted, just ignore my last message.

Its me.... I am here, floating through the halls being all gossamer and floaty like.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Good Morning all.... What a gorgeous day outside today.  The sun is shining, and I am up early.  Not about to waste a single of minute today.  Going to do a bit of Christmas shopping today, nit much just some finishing touches... 

You all know me so well... 

I simply adore Christmas.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Helloo the silly season is almost upon us... Where are all those people who love this time of the year...

I am here but there is no one else here...  Lots of spirit folk about tho.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Good morning. I wonder if people will guess who you may be. 

We have a new wedding coming up shortly for a 'close' family member but I can say nothing more just now. Exciting. And I know my good lady has a major birthday milestone at end of month so I shall need to think well of a present. Given she's covered all her quilting needs, something else... hmmm.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Just floating by to say Hi, now back to Christmas Preparedness....

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

I saw that on your favourite social place. Time of year ... it's crept up real fast.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Only son is getting married this Saturday. About time too. Wedding's in the morning then a BBQ afternoon at a local hall. I've got a work - awards night also on the same day... double booked so going there also for a few hours in the evening then back to the hall. Ah well. 

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Good morning. Aidan (son) and Natasha had a wedding at a local Catholic Church (Sacred Heart in Petone) with about 10 invited and then a reception at a local hall in Wainuiomata with close family and friends. Went well. Will upload some photo's when they are available.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

We had a small pin-hole drip on the 15mm cold water tap pipe behind the house. Had to break into weatherboard to get to it.

Went to Plumbing World and was told I had to use push on/twist type plastic PVC pipe connectors (as they would not sell me a crimping tool for some 'trade only' reason.) So. Made a 150mm cut on the pipe (as it goes through a wall/floor joist) and connected it thoroughly (they seemed hard to push together so that could of been a clue to what follows.) End result = new high pressure jets. So we have no water right now.

Going to get two copper crimp connectors and builder friend is going to use his crimping tool. That was not good of Plumbing World IMO to not offer them in the first place. Bet you anything these plastic PVC connectors aren't for direct, high pressure mains lines. I managed to pull them to bits when undoing what I'd done. So they aren't that good.

Still, if this works... I know another family home that could do with crimping a new piece if it ends up that easy.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

That didn't get a bite 🙂 But that's all good. I've spent the afternoon digging over some of the garden spaces and adding vegetable compost mix in to create a beautiful black-ish garden mix ready for flowers and vegetables I have on stand by.

Kevins
Admin
(@kevins)

Have also de-weeded the greenhouse and put rope supports up to the roof to support the now adult tamarillo tree. Vegetables and some flowers growing underneath. Oh, and chillis, capsicum, tomatoes and strawberries. Again, in a new mulched up garden soil. 

Got potatoes in stacked tyres, and tomatoes also in another. That set a nice theme near the small greenhouse. I'm working from the back of the property to the front over the next month, cleaning spaces, gardens and also the house. It's a mission. No one stop me!

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Aww we too have been having a planting session here, with fancy lettuce, tomatos, cabbages, both red and white, and cellery and silverbeet.  So gonna have a good crop, maybe even some for the food pantry if its lucky, but purchased seeds for piggies veges as well as for us too.

Share: