Notifications
Clear all

Gathering place

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Admin's news & welcome.

Note: See video at end of this post also for the gathering of enlightenment. Just a part of the picture.

Welcome to an newly updated, modernised forum environment. Please call in, register, say hello and be part of a place which is here to support your journey.

Our prior forums are backed up and preserved. To join in the new community forum, simply re-register (or sign in)... and say hello.

Your community supporting, volunteer interests are welcome here. Members (including on Facebook and other media) are involved in many, diverse activities. You are welcome to bring them here and enjoy this well loved place. As needed, we will create interest categories and shift discussions so they stand out for you and your friends. 

Update: 9 November 2020

If you could not register before, please try again. There was an issue with the prior verification process (sent via email) which now is working (tested with gmail.com) If you still can not register, please consider using an existing or new gmail.com account (especially if helping with advocacy etc.) 

Thank you.

Kevin.

WHAT ARE WE:

Topic Tags
48 Replies
Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Hi, thanks for coming along. I look forward to seeing you here. Received a couple of questions about the forum and provide some answers here to save duplicating:-

Why were the prior forum's removed? For the forum to remain useful, it needs to be used. As there was little to no member involvement with the prior forum (especially with sheer volume now trapped by the Facebook system) it was archived. If people need to move on, we need to move on to other, relevant activities.

Where they deleted? No. They were archived, still in prior database format, and/or on prior servers which are in storage. If anything needs to be brought back, we can look at that.

We love questions. Do ask. At least here you get honest answers. Whether or not comfortable. More will be answered as we go.

Just call our name... we'll be there for you. That's what we are! Enduring. Loving. Being there for you.

When you need us. We'll be here. Just call our name. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

If you don't mind, I'm going to talk on a bit until other's join this topic.

When your interests develop on the forum or website, we'll be pleased to set up different areas for you to work on. So as not to divert from the ability to write your own chapter, we don't want to suggest just what those areas would be. But for instance, if you are interested in say, psychometry, or alternative medicine, or earth science. We all have diverse interests and that's just what we should be about.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Our basic and genuine tenet has always been around living your life as you see fit so long as, in doing so, you do not create victims, including yourself. So, if what you do makes you happy, content, whole, enriched etc and it does not create victims in the process, that's just grand. We'd love to share that here and bring together a community. Be that pets, gardening, hobbies, lifestyles, work, family, or whatever... it's all welcome in its own proportion.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Report a website, onsite page, real life event, group, activity of concern. Please use our handy and as anoymous as you like Web Angel reporting tool... by clicking here

Please remember, it is best, if you are working online, to use a VPN (such as ProtonVPN Free at least) and a secure browser (such as TOR browser.) In that way, you mask, hide and protect your online activities.

Blessings to all.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Today, the End of Life Choice Bill special referendum results were in and was won by at least 62% in favour. It means, the act where you can make a terminal life choice will be in force in around 12 months. We were asked to vote yes, no. And a majority voted in favour. Were we publicly advised that there was a timeline for it's introduction in the almost current, swiss cheese style form? No. Not seriously. But the voting system did do something we should take note of... it meant the people of New Zealand who were entitled to vote (adult, NZ citizens and permanent residents) made the decision and this very sensitive topic is now decided. Irregardless of whether you or I voted yes, or no, the ayes have it.

Next, the cannabis vote. Whether you voted yes, or no, the outcome is looming.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

If you could not register before, please try again. There was an issue with the prior verification process (sent via email) which now is working (tested with gmail.com) If you still can not register, please consider using an existing (or if helping with advocacy etc) a new gmail.com account.

Thank you.

Kevin.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Ahhhhh now I have it sorted, just ignore my last message.

Its me.... I am here, floating through the halls being all gossamer and floaty like.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Good Morning all.... What a gorgeous day outside today.  The sun is shining, and I am up early.  Not about to waste a single of minute today.  Going to do a bit of Christmas shopping today, nit much just some finishing touches... 

You all know me so well... 

I simply adore Christmas.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Helloo the silly season is almost upon us... Where are all those people who love this time of the year...

I am here but there is no one else here...  Lots of spirit folk about tho.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Good morning. I wonder if people will guess who you may be. 

We have a new wedding coming up shortly for a 'close' family member but I can say nothing more just now. Exciting. And I know my good lady has a major birthday milestone at end of month so I shall need to think well of a present. Given she's covered all her quilting needs, something else... hmmm.

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Just floating by to say Hi, now back to Christmas Preparedness....

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

I saw that on your favourite social place. Time of year ... it's crept up real fast.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Only son is getting married this Saturday. About time too. Wedding's in the morning then a BBQ afternoon at a local hall. I've got a work - awards night also on the same day... double booked so going there also for a few hours in the evening then back to the hall. Ah well. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Good morning. Aidan (son) and Natasha had a wedding at a local Catholic Church (Sacred Heart in Petone) with about 10 invited and then a reception at a local hall in Wainuiomata with close family and friends. Went well. Will upload some photo's when they are available.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

We had a small pin-hole drip on the 15mm cold water tap pipe behind the house. Had to break into weatherboard to get to it.

Went to Plumbing World and was told I had to use push on/twist type plastic PVC pipe connectors (as they would not sell me a crimping tool for some 'trade only' reason.) So. Made a 150mm cut on the pipe (as it goes through a wall/floor joist) and connected it thoroughly (they seemed hard to push together so that could of been a clue to what follows.) End result = new high pressure jets. So we have no water right now.

Going to get two copper crimp connectors and builder friend is going to use his crimping tool. That was not good of Plumbing World IMO to not offer them in the first place. Bet you anything these plastic PVC connectors aren't for direct, high pressure mains lines. I managed to pull them to bits when undoing what I'd done. So they aren't that good.

Still, if this works... I know another family home that could do with crimping a new piece if it ends up that easy.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

That didn't get a bite 🙂 But that's all good. I've spent the afternoon digging over some of the garden spaces and adding vegetable compost mix in to create a beautiful black-ish garden mix ready for flowers and vegetables I have on stand by.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Have also de-weeded the greenhouse and put rope supports up to the roof to support the now adult tamarillo tree. Vegetables and some flowers growing underneath. Oh, and chillis, capsicum, tomatoes and strawberries. Again, in a new mulched up garden soil. 

Got potatoes in stacked tyres, and tomatoes also in another. That set a nice theme near the small greenhouse. I'm working from the back of the property to the front over the next month, cleaning spaces, gardens and also the house. It's a mission. No one stop me!

Mysticalstar
(@mysticalstar)

Aww we too have been having a planting session here, with fancy lettuce, tomatos, cabbages, both red and white, and cellery and silverbeet.  So gonna have a good crop, maybe even some for the food pantry if its lucky, but purchased seeds for piggies veges as well as for us too.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

I found a self-seeded silverbeet growing in a garden area not cleared for the past 2 years. That's cool. Working on the top section garden area down. The small greenhouse is all done and the garden and apple trees outside of it. Have changed the old fish pond into a garden space. Still a lot to do there. But want to work top/back of section down including house to front. One good sweep with everything done by hand to save costs.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Sounds like your area is in for another good watering, Mysticalstar. Hope you and D's garden spaces are still ok. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Just so I remember, that outside paint on the house up your way is Valspar - Apple Crumble. 

greenfield
Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

The number of New Zealanders owning their own homes has dropped to the lowest level in almost 70 years.

At the time of the 2018 census, 64.5 per cent of households owned their own homes, according to data in a new Stats NZ report, Housing in Aotearoa:2020.

Not only is that down from the peak of 73.8 per cent in the 1990s, it’s the lowest rate since 1951 when just 61.5 per cent of households owned their homes.

While homeownership rates had fallen in every region since 1991, the largest decline was in Auckland. Homeownership in the Super City dropped from 72.7 per cent in 1991 to 59.4 per cent in 2018.

I don't know about your area. I know about my area. And in my area there are rental barons, investors, who come from outside the area, bid way higher than the going price to secure homes and rent them out. It is a true disaster for everyday New Zealander's simply looking to settle down and get ahead.

What are you to do if you are offered say $100k above sale price with those investors on your heals? I think the fix is more a regulatory action than ethical. Don't you?

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Hope everyone likes the forum now on the main website for a while. If it makes participation easier, all the better. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

I'll just wait here. There's so much going on in the spirit-etherical-mental-physical world we live in.

As there was no response and a huge lot of information on other social media, I deleted all the 2020 pandemic history (go Google cache me if you want to find out just how 100% accurate our years statements actually were.) Why would I do this? Because not one single person out of the entire world's billions even tried to respond. We really do seem to have diluted our lives into compartments and haven't yet come up for air. So, I am happy to wait. Waiting is good. Doesn't mean I'm without much to do... like you all. I can sit here and rant, rave, speak and also be silent. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

xmas

Merry Christmas.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

The new paradigm. It is so infuriating to see people in the 'all about me' mode. That can not be our future.

For instance: I spit tacks when I see investment companies offering 10% guaranteed returns on investment, when you know full well, they're using that to make huge profits at the cost of peoples future.

Spoiler
Investment spoiler

I call it greed for need. That's like investing in new town-house developments. Those 'out of towners' are buying traditional properties, sculling the existing house and building a mass-load of townhouses on the one section. They're paying over valuation to secure the properties (and what's the existing owner going to do, say no?). They're building townhouses wall to wall, side to side, without even in many cases, even parking let alone a single piece of green space. And they're selling them for a massive profit. Back often to further investors who are buying, again, above valuation, for the purpose of rental, keeping everyday people who just want to get ahead, locked into untenable rents.

Regardless of their defence, they profiteering on peoples future lack of self-sustainability. Taking away green space. Taking away option for people to own their own home. We can't call it criminal because they're doing it legal. But this is not NEW ZEALAND that we know of. 

This greedy, self-indulgent, all about me position needs that paradigm shift. Yesterday. But there is a way to regulate change, fix this, so people get the chance to own homes. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

The 'Low Cost Housing' so often spoken, is so fake it's laughable. I know from a local suburb where a significant building company got council permission to build dozens of homes on the basis of low cost housing, and whanau housing (for the local community.) When they started development, they put this through a well known real estate agent. The houses were/are selling for $550 - $750k. How can that be low cost housing, or whanau housing? It can't right? But there's the problem.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Even if Government build 10,000 'low cost houses' at say $350K sale price, you know exactly the problem there. Once they hand over the key, or even before then, how many investment opportunities is that at $400,000 - $500,000 profit? You got it, x10,000.

So what do you do. How do you fix this? P.s. I know at least three fixes. One being, the government actually builds those (how many tens of thousands...) government sponsored housing projects.... the second being, to take note of the stock of empty houses (What's that? Oh, just 200,000 country wide, 39,000 in Auckland alone); and the third? What's the third?

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Easy. You build 10,000 houses, each costing

Spoiler
Easy Fix To Investment Housing

$350,000 by Government (land, building materials, services, consents, labour); you charter these to a government housing company at $550,000 valuation each. That housing company rents it to NZ Citizens, permanent residents (who normally, provable reside in New Zealand for at least the past ten years and are 25 years or older) who have not yet had their first property; you set that rental at a fair market rate (even if recouped from WINZ); the government housing company repays government the base price ($350k each plus percent of valuation increase) over time, and puts aside the nett difference ($200K each plus property valuation growth rate) less running costs of the agency. At a future time regulated by law, say ten years residency, the homeowner is presented with a certificate of that balance as a deposit to present to their bank, on the very home they've lived in and secure a mortgage of ownership for the next twenty years.

There. No greed. No landlords. No investment companies required and all fairly calculable to help everyday New Zealanders.

No? Yes!

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

What if the following was gifted back from the nett balance after costs and principle build expenses, of your market/government rent payments in say, 5-10 years?

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Astrological reading for this week. 

Your Christmas Day found you generally in good spirits and coping with the day. You were on a nice behaviour mode, in your bubble and showing your normal affectionate self according to your zodiac sign. 

As the following week comes, you will have times when you hold high ideals or even untested dreams about your life goals. Start considering a group you can expand your mind and thoughts within. Be prepared to learn from what they say. You have discovered however, probably in line with this, a breath of fresh air will do you good.

Saggitarius

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Brisbane, AUS, is back in Lockdown for the next 3 days. We shall see if the rush is on at the shops (psychi says yes.) It's only 3 days. The supermarkets are open! There's plenty of toilet paper to go round. The lockdown is due to a community case of the new higher transmissible covid-19 strand. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Advisory.

bris aus l1

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Reply grab bag.

We're giving away stuff to regular posters. If you respond to this post within the time frame shown

With the challenge properly completed, you are in the pool to receive the gift itemised in this post (with the number of winners stated from the pool)

Time format is HH:MM:SS from time this post is added (strictly adhered to.)

Time limit: 00:10:00

Challenge: A greeting.

Pool: 1 responder drawn.

Prize: $5.oo

Go! 🥂 🌻 

DRAW CLOSED. Try again next time.

Aaron Franklin
Subscriber
(@aaronf)

Gosh. Ten minutes?

You'd have to be psychic!

😉😘

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Why yes. Let's see how psychic we are next time 🙂

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Reply grab bag #2.

We're giving away stuff to regular posters. If you respond to this post within the time frame shown

With the challenge properly completed, you are in the pool to receive the gift itemised in this post (with the number of winners stated from the pool)

Time format is HH:MM:SS from time this post is added (strictly adhered to.)

Time limit: 00:10:02

Challenge: An challenging question (e.g maths riddle)

Pool: 1 responder drawn.

Prize: $5.o2

Go! 🥂 🌻 

TIME'S UP. FORUM WINS. Try again next time!

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

We made specific intuitive statements last year about the development of the Pandemic. They were:-

1. MASKS. Don't tell us NOT TO WEAR masks, educate, educate educate.

The world was told not to wear masks unless you were infected, had a cold etc. Now, we're wearing masks all over the show. In some countries - even in your own homes. We were right.

2. THERE WILL BE VARIANTS TO THE VIRUS WITH DIFFERENT TRANSMISSION RATES.

The world is currently experiencing the effect of a highly transmissible variant of the virus that is causing new concern.

3. THE VIRUS AFFECTS EVERYONE, children included.

We were told it was mostly the infern, elderly, aged. NO. We were right. Everyone else was wrong.

4. The virus will be gone by October - NO, we said, NO IT WILL continue with issues for years. 

Right now you'd say, how come that's such a special prediction? The answer is, last year we were told we'd have it knocked out. They were wrong. We were right.

5. EVERY CONTINENT will experience the pandemic. 

6. The world won't end in 2020. Yes, seriously, it didn't.

7. There will be a longer term effect of the virus, even amongst healthy people. 

8. It's not a conspiracy. It's a virus. Just like personal hygiene controls is not a conspiracy either.

9. It has nothing to do with a great reset. That's a different agenda. Not even psychometrised.

10. The world will not run out of toilet paper in 2020.

Well, that was our covid19 intuition done for 2020. But what's in store for 2021?

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Greetings. Its been a long time since our (mostly} Facebook migration. Hope you are safe in your worldly journey.

I just wanted to quickly note that your personal endeavours are cherished. From our animal loving friends, quietly devoted to caring for those who can't talk for themselves. 

Our member friend who started their own coffee cart. 

The beautiful lady who us entirely devoted to her partner, children and family life. 

The man who is the unique life traveller in Australia. 

Too many to mention but to all, our respects. 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

It's not up to us to compete with greater powers like fb or those whose words cast doubt. Its up to us to be true to our own purposes. 

And we will wait for you. And for the social media wheel to turn.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

I see Prince Harry is calling for social media reform. Freedom of speech (fair use) is intrinsic to a modern world. Anything that supports the advancement of human rights in a fair and free world, is great.

Is that the intent? 

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

In forming a future New Zealand, we are faced with the will and ways of a wider world that forever seeks to change our psychological landscape. Such as the very clear 'closure society' forming around us that seeks to remove our activities and even our identities.

Right now, we are being asked to remove our gender. By description and by act. It's being pushed on us as a wave taking over our very lives and meaning. 

Instead of Mr. and Mrs. it seems some american wondernut has intent in law to call everyone by a meaningless Mx. So, Mx Kevin, Mx Karen. Soon, the Mx will not even be relevant.

And instead of identifying a clearly male or female person as that, we are asked to identify people as a non-gestational or gestational person (so as not to intially assume a person identifies with either sex.) That folks, is psychology, not physiology. But we are asked to treat psychology as the more relevant.

I wonder when gender aligned first names will be contraband. So Kevin, Karen, Mark and Mandy are out. Unisex names in. I suggest the American Indians had it right in calling people by their animal spirit names. At least that makes sense to me.

That puts Womens Affairs in a perilous situation of becoming non-meaningful, like the forever push to end workingmens clubs. 

Let's see; first there was honour in a name, an identity. My name, my place, my mountain and so on. 

Now we're being told it doesn't matter. 

Closure society.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

First People

In New Zealand the First People are rightly Maori and Maoriori. Everyone else, in the context of this modern world, came later. This is outside the scope of adding conspiracy theories of earlier non-Maori/Maoriori settlements by focusing on the past two centuries that have shaped current Aotearoa.

When settlers arrived to New Zealand and Te Tiriti O Waitangi / The Treaty of Waitangi was signed (which version is another story) we all surely expected natural rights of the First People to be honoured as settlements arose after agreement, for the new immigrants.

First People are Maori and Maoriori

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Indigenous People

In New Zealand the Indigenous People are I thought, those who were born here and have whakapapa/family, that can be referred back through generation(s). Their roots are here. They respect Aotearoa as their birth land. They identify as a New Zealander regardless of ethnicity or belief otherwise. 

But 'indigenous' refers to or aspects of the countries First People or satellite nation tribes such as Mohawk, Inuit in say, Canada. 

There is emotive confusion between the terms, First People and Indigenous on all sides of this argument. Isn't that the way of the English language?

adjective

Indigenous: originating in and characteristic of a particular region or country; native.

Indigenous. relating to or being a people who are the original, earliest known inhabitants of a region, or are their descendants:the Indigenous Maori and Maoriori of New Zealand for instance.

The rest of us who have our roots here, our past lineage here? Well, we are New Zealanders. If we respect what New Zealand is. To me, that's not so hard to respect. But it is hard to understand some of this.

Kevins
Admin
Topic starter
(@kevins)

Native

The Rimu, Totara, Puriri, Kauri, are native trees here in New Zealand. Native because, they originated here. They were here, like many other species of flora and fauna, well before being seen elsewhere. Native to me means place of first appearance or birth. 

You can give something all the scientific names you like. But it does not detract from where something originated. Maori is our native language which is how our native flora and fauna derives its names. New Zealand English is full of Maori context for this reason and rightly so. 

It's a confusing thing to get around psychologically. You can be personally native to a land (as I am being born in Aotearoa along with several descendant lines back) but your lineage can be native to another land (as descendants for me traveled last from Norfolk Islands on one side and from  Europe on the other.)

NOUN

A person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.

I am a native of New Zealand. She is a native of Los Angeles, for instance.

ADJECTIVE

associated with the place or circumstances of a person's birth

"I am a native of Wellington, New Zealand."

There is a separation here from First People, Indigenous, Native. Even though First People are native, people born here are native also, whether or not first people. Sounds crazy doesn't it. 

This is another psychological mindbuzz. Those who are indigenous, those who are First People, also claim to be native. But it is just a word. A word to describe place of origin. Place of birth:

Ko Kevin Aho, Ko Wainuiomata aho, Ko Wairarapa aho [Maori.]
My name is Kevin. My home is Wainuiomata. My family are from Wairarapa. 

Now, it comes to question. If you can not respect what you are native of, what then of you. For you will have no mana in the land you inhabit. My friends and associates are like the league of nations. Many ethnic groups. Life is rich. Embrace it.

After all, in the end, the entirety of the human race, every plant, every animal on this planet, is indigenous to Earth. 

Respect.

Share: